Racing provides some amazing challenges and we are keeping an eye on the weather at Gosford with one of our Gold Club runners needing a dry track. Last night it rained non stop for several hours and quite heavy at times. At Gosford they got 2mm for the whole day and night and the track remains a soft 6 which gives us hope that on Tuesday, with two relatively fine days, a Good 4 or soft 5 at worst. The forecast suggests a possible storm and downpour Monday night through to Tuesday a.m.
If the track is worse than soft 5, I’m guessing we wont run unless there are a lot of scratchings and another month of lost preparation.
On Thursday her full sister is listed to run at Gosford and her hope is for a very wet track which she thrives on. So we could see both the filly and mare being unable to win for exactly the opposite reason.
In the meantime, the Christmas period is on the way out as we prepare for New Year. The past week has been incredibly busy with getting the right food, coordinating with family members, surviving the increasing mountains of food and drink whole trying to remain healthy…if there is such a thing.
Plenty of meetings today to keep us interested. My one big bet yesterday was on Pancho, which ran another placing but I had a healthy place bet at $2.90 which put me in front but a big loss on the Quaddie and my last three Hotshots meant a losing day overall.
Our Members in WA report a run of 40 plus temps. The complete opposite of here but they are all happy to keep the rest of us out!
Tomorrow plenty of action but not like it used to be, not a single Metro meeting in sight.